Collinsville native Sydney Russell was crowned this year’s Miss Mississippi USA on Saturday night, securing the winning title after competing against 70 other contestants.
At the end of the event, Russell — who is a 23-year-old student pharmacist at the University of Mississippi Medical Center — was named the next Mississippi representative for the Miss USA competition in early August.
Claire Ulmer, an 18-year-old high school senior from Natchez, was crowned Miss Mississippi Teen USA 2023 during the event. Ulmer will also be expected to participate in the Miss Teen USA competition a few days after Russell.
Over 800 people and 70 contestants attended the pageant over the weekend, which was held at the Pearl River Resort and Casino in Choctaw for the second year in a row.
The runners-up for Miss Mississippi USA were:
- Maggie Ulmer from Natchez – First Runner Up
- Maddi Lambert from Hernando – Second Runner Up
- Dana Wesley from West Point – Third Runner Up
- Kaylee Brooke McCollum from Amory – Fourth Runner Up
The runners-up for Miss Mississippi Teen USA were:
- Addison Carver from Brookhaven – First Runner Up
- Caroline Ulmer from Bay Springs – Second Runner Up
- Lauryl Joyner from Meridian – Third Runner Up
- Isabella Nolen from Madison – Fourth Runner Up