For the first time, Vicksburg High School has been named a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.
The honor is awarded to schools that excel in the following performance areas:
- Student Focus and Support
- School Organization and Culture
- Challenging Standard and Curriculum
- Active Teaching and Learning
- Technology and Integration
- Professional Community
- Leadership and Education Vitality
- School, Family, and Community Partnerships
- Indicators of Success
“I would like to thank the phenomenal Vicksburg High School educators, our parents who supported us in the process, and our community stakeholders who helped make this possible,” Vicksburg High School principal Dr. Tameka Hyland wrote on Facebook. “As a school filled with pride, we have gone from failing to the highest honor a school can achieve.”
The award will be presented during the Blue Ribbon Schools Conference on December 2 in Orlando, Fla.
Stay up to date with all of Mississippi’s latest news by signing up for our free newsletter here.
Copyright 2023 SuperTalk Mississippi Media. All rights reserved.