The star at the top of the Christmas tree won’t be the only thing shining this weekend as Mississippi natives Zachariah Smith and Holly Brand are set to perform at Jackson’s annual Christmas by Candlelight Tour.
Smith, who lives in Amory, most recently made a name for himself as a top-five finalist on American Idol. Brand, on the other hand, is a former Miss Mississippi out of Meridian who went to the semifinals of The Voice season 23.
First Lady Elee Reeves announced the news on Monday.
We’re excited to have Holly Brand & Zachariah Smith participate in Candlelight this Friday, December 1!
Holly & Zachariah did a phenomenal job representing our state on The Voice & American Idol this past year.
Come join us as we celebrate the Christmas season! 🎄🎁 pic.twitter.com/rJZqstb576
— Elee Reeves (@firstladyofms) November 27, 2023
The Christmas by Candlelight Tour is set for Friday, Dec. 1 from 4-8 p.m. with stops at the Two Mississippi Museums, the Governor’s Mansion, the State Capitol, and the Old Capitol Museum.
The full schedule
Two Mississippi Museums
5 p.m. – Johnson Elementary School Choir
6 p.m. – Johnson Elementary School Choir
7 p.m. – Germantown High School Choid
- Model trains and town of Possum Ridge on the second floor
- Shop at the Mississippi Museum Store
- Holiday craft activity
4–6:30 p.m. – Holly Brand and Zachariah Smith perform in the East Garden
- Photo with Santa Claus
- Trackless train rides
- Hot cocoa and cookies
- Self-guided tours of the historic mansion and East Garden
5–8 p.m. – Sessions Jazz Ensemble
- Chambers of the Senate and the House of Representatives are open for all to enter
- Offices of the Speaker of the House and the Governor are available for viewing
- Stop by the Capitol Gift Shop for that special Christmas gift
Old Capitol Museum
6–6:45 p.m. – Holmes County Central High School Singers
- Enjoy festive holiday lighting, traditional decorations, and faux snow on the grounds
- Eudora Welty House & Garden staff will offer holiday ornament crafts in the North Corridor