A dozen airports across the state are set to benefit from a new round of grants from the U.S. Department of Transportation.
The 12 Mississippi airports will share nearly $7.6 million for projects aimed at improving the infrastructure and safety at each facility. Overall, the department will award $520.5 million in airport infrastructure grants to 287 airports in 41 states.
“This $520.5 million in federal support to airports across the country will help to keep our nation’s airports in good shape and make air travel a better experience for passengers,” said U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao.
The breakdown of grants awarded to Mississippi airports can be found below.
- Aberdeen – $629,452 – Construct Apron, Expand Apron, Rehabilitate Taxiway
- Panola County – $316,755 – Reconstruct Airport Beacon, Reconstruct or Replace Airport Lighting Vault
- Stennis International – $150,000 – Update Airport Master Plan or Study [Multi-Year Funding]
- Brookhaven-Lincoln County – $118,188 – Rehabilitate Runway – 04/22, Rehabilitate Runway Lighting
- Columbus-Lowndes County – $347,405 – Rehabilitate Apron, Rehabilitate Apron
- Golden Triangle Regional – $1,000,000 – Install Apron Edge Lights and/or Flood Lighting, Reconstruct Runway Lighting – 18/36, Rehabilitate Apron
- Gulfport-Biloxi International – $2,453,000 – Acquire Equipment, Improve Airport Drainage, Improve/Modify/Rehabilitate Terminal Building, Rehabilitate Taxiway [Taxiway B], Rehabilitate Taxiway [Taxiway C], Rehabilitate Taxiway [Taxiway E]
- Holly Springs-Marshall County – $384,128 – Improve Airport Drainage/Erosion Control
- Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional – $660,029 – Improve/Modify/Rehabilitate Terminal Building, Install Runway Vertical/Visual Guidance System
- New Albany-Union County – $213,543 – Improve/Modify Access Road
- University-Oxford – $238,500 – Rehabilitate Runway
- Tupelo Regional (x2) – $1,069,700 – Reconstruct Airfield Guidance Signs, Rehabilitate Taxiway, Seal Taxiway Pavement Surface/Pavement Joints, Seal Taxiway Pavement Surface/Pavement Joints & Update Airport Master Plan or Study