The holiday season is here, and Mississippi Blood Services is asking for your help.
Brittany Mitchell, a Donor Resources Specialist with Mississippi Blood Services, explained that the organization is in need of all types of blood, specifically O-negative.
“All types of blood are always needed, especially with these tornadoes going on and the holidays coming up,” Mitchell said. “O-negative is a universal blood type, so everybody can receive it. That’s always something we’re looking for.”
If you donate this week at any of MBS’ three locations – Cleveland, Flowood, or Oxford – you will get to choose between an embossed knit beanie or a 12-ounce ceramic campfire mug with a packet of hot chocolate.
“You’re giving the gift of life to others, so we’re going to give you a little gift too,” Mitchell said.
You can also post a picture of you donating blood on Instagram and tag it with #Santasblooddonors to enter into the Santa’s Big Giveaway competition, which includes the following prizes:
- Dry Bar – The Bigger Better Blowout Box Buttercup Blow-Dryer Kit
- Dry Bar – The Bring Home The Bar Kit
- Dry Bar – The Double Shot Jackpot Kit
- Dry Bar – The Smooth Crew Kit
- Google Phone – Pixel 7 Pro (unlocked)
- Therabody – Theragun Prime
- Dyson Special Edition Supersonic Hair Dryer (Limited Edition)
- Dyson Airwrap Gift Set (Limited Edition)
- Dyson Hair Dryer – Silver
- All-new Kindle (2022 release)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max (2022)
- AirPods Pro (2nd generation)
- STRIKER Cast GPS- Garmin Castable Sonar Device – With GPS
- Approach S62- Garmin Approach S62
- CampStove 2+ Electricity Generating Wood Camp Stove
- Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones
- Apple Watch – RED Aluminum Case with Braided Solo Loop
- Anycubic Kobra, 3D Printer
- Pokemon Celebrations Trainer Box Brand New ETB
- Ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven
- Pokemon Atral Radiance Booster Box (36x packs) Sealed
- Pokemon Trading Card Game: Sword & Shield Ultra-Premuim Collection – Charizard
Winners of the 2023 Santa’s Big Giveaway competition will be notified on Monday, December 19. For more information on donating blood, click here.