Governor Tate Reeves, Congressman Michael Guest, and Mississippi Republican Party Chairman Lucien Smith welcomed multiple elected officials from Covington and Smith Counties and surrounding areas to the Mississippi Republican Party.
Officials joining the Mississippi Republican Party include:
· Matt Sullivan, District Attorney for the Thirteenth Circuit Court District (Covington, Jasper, Simpson, and Smith Counties)
· Guy Easterling, Chancery Clerk
· Bobby Wayne Mooney, Justice Court Judge for the Northern District of Covington County (unable to attend news conference)
· Cindy Austin, Chancery Clerk
· Anthony Grayson, Circuit Clerk
· Mary Lou Powell, Tax Assessor-Collector
· Danny Arender, Beat 4 Supervisor
· Hulon West, Justice Court Judge for the Southern District of Smith County
“The Mississippi Republican Party is the Party that is building success for Mississippi by grounding government in the principles of liberty,” Governor Tate Reeves said. “These men and women on the frontlines of local government understand that and know a brighter future cannot be achieved by less freedom and more government. I’m pleased to welcome them to the MSGOP and look forward to their continued service to their fellow Mississippians.”
“Every year, the Democratic Party moves further to the left and away from the values of Mississippians,” Congressman Michael Guest said. “The Republican Party is the home for conservatives who believe in the principles of limited government and individual freedom. Today, I am excited to welcome more elected officials to our growing Party.”
“The Mississippi Republican Party has experienced incredible growth in recent years, and I am very pleased to welcome these elected officials,” MSGOP Chairman Lucien Smith said. “The dedicated service of local Republican officials helps us build a vibrant, productive Party in Mississippi. Like the voters in this state, these officials believe in our state’s success and in American greatness and know the job-killing policies and erosions of individual liberty pushed by Democrats today cannot create prosperity.”
Stay up to date with all of Mississippi’s latest news by signing up for our free newsletter here.
Copyright 2023 SuperTalk Mississippi Media. All rights reserved.