Most dinner tables have become stale with the same ole’ dishes week-in and week-out. After serving canned green beans several times in a row, Lindsey Bell set out to crowdsource social media for dinner ideas. That is when The Dinner Darling Facebook Group was born. Now six thousand home-cooks share their family’s favorite recipes, helping each other keep dinner fresh.
Lindsey Bell joined Rebecca Turner on Good Things to talk about taking her Facebook Group to the next level of business and all things dinner.
Salsa Verde Chicken
Top Recipe for 2019
- 1 (16-oz.) jar salsa verde
- 5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400° and grease a 9×13 baking dish. Pour the salsa verde into the dish and move around to coat evenly.
- Brush the chicken with oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken into the salsa verde and bake until cooked through, 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from the oven and heat broiler.
- Top with cheese, pop back in the oven, and broil about 2 minutes, or until melted.
- Squeeze lime over chicken and garnish with cilantro. Serve over white rice, brown rice or caulirice, in a wrap, on a salad or by itself.
Lindsey wanted to share this recipe with you guys, because it is the #1 recipe in her Dinner Darlings Facebook Group, and one of the top recipes of 2019! Hope you enjoy!